A Nice Night to be an Eagle
Since I had to work, I couldn’t make it for the whole women’s game, but I did make it for the last quarter. It was pretty exciting but it seemed like they had the game wrapped up at the point. Still it was a nice bonus for me, especially since they got the win over Kent State. I wish them the best of luck as they travel to Cleveland in order to take on the Cardinals of Ball State for the next game in the MAC Tournament.
I’ll make no qualms, it was the men’s game that I was going to see. I was a little worried since this would be the third meeting against the Rockets. Even though Eastern beat them the last two times, they were close games and tournaments can go either way. Much of it depended on which version of the Eagles showed up. After a slow first couple of minutes, the Eagles that wanted to go to Cleveland showed up. With the exception of a scare near the end of the game, they came to play.
1. Once again, the Eagles seemed to be finding the basket from many different places. There were three Eagles in double digits tonight: Lee, Bond and James Thompson IV.
2. James Thompson again got a double-double. He was a little chippy in parts of the game but he was able to regain his cool before he caused too much damage to the team.
3. Tim Bond got 5 steals tonight. I’m not sure how many of those led to points but at least they didn’t lead to Toledo points.
1. Toledo managed to take the lead late in the game. Fortunately, the Eagles regained the lead and didn’t look back after that point. This team is still pretty inconsistent.
2. Once again, shooting was south of 50%. Eastern was 0-5 from three point range in the second half. At least their free throws were better in the second half than the first half.
3. I really can’t think of anything else.
I’m just going to savor this win tonight. So I’m not going to give the ugly tonight.
Unless Eastern beats Akron, this will be my last post of the season. I wont be able to make it down to Cleveland on Thursday, but I did take a half day on Friday, just in case. So I wish Eastern the best of luck against Akron. The funny thing is that I think they can beat them. But I also think that they can lose. So we’ll see.