The Eagles Dump the Rockets
So the Rockets made the trek from Toledo. I think they were hoping to catch Eagles after their loss against the Bobcats. After Thompson got the jump ball, the Eagles had other plans. Eastern opened up the scoring and never looked back.
Things got a little more interesting as Toledo came pretty close to tie up the game but the Eagles managed to pull away again.
1. Eastern was nearly 70% from three point land. There was a point in the game where I think they made 6 or 7 in a row. That gave them a pretty significant lead at one point.
2. Brandon Nazione was the Eagles leading scorer with 21 points and it seemed like he was scoring from just about everywhere.
3. Eastern managed to spread the scoring around. Four players had double digits. Nazione had 21, Mangum had 19, Raven had 18 and Ty Toney had 17. When Eastern needed the free throws, they were knocking them in.
1. James Thompson looked like a freshman today. He got two quick fouls and was pretty quiet for most of the game.
2. Second half shooting was at 55%. This almost allowed Toledo to steal the win.
3. Toledo got 25 points off turnovers.
1. The Refs again.