Eastern Michigan Beats Kent State Basketball
It seems that Eastern has reached that do or die phase of the season again. When you lose games that you should have won, you find yourself in the position. The sad part is that I don’t think that this is a bad team, they are just frustrating to watch. It seems like they have a tough time sealing the game up. It almost seemed like Kent State was about to pull a victory out of the jaws of defeat but then the Eagles woke up and prevented that.
1. Five Eastern players scored in double digits today. It seemed like there was support from all over the court today.
2. James Thompson IV gets another double-double today. I’m not sure how many this is for the season but it’s alot. It’s hard to believe that he’s a freshman. If Murphy can find someone to compliment him in the off season, good things could be in store for next year.
3. Eastern was able to make some key free throws.
1. Like I said in the opening crawl, it doesn’t seem like Eastern can seal the deal sometimes. Many of these games are like watch Todd Jones for the Tigers. Most of the time, it works but many times it’s a dumpster fire in the process.
2. Murphy didn’t go deep in his bench today. He only played 7 but then again, when you have 5 folks scoring double digits, why go to the bench?
3. Shooting from the field was under 50%.
1. They were 1 for 14 from three point range. It wasn’t like they weren’t getting open shots or anything like that. Their shots just weren’t going in. If they had a few more, the game could have been a blow out.
2. They were a little over 60% at the charity stripe. It seems like most games, these are automatic for them but it wasn’t in this game. I’m not too worried though.
3. The refs. About the only good thing I can say here is that it seemed like they were consistently bad for both sides.