And the Chips Were Fired….
I wasn’t sure what to expect from tonight’s game. I mean, they beat Central earlier in the season but this team has seemed inconsistent at times. I wasn’t sure what version of the Eagles was going to show up tonight. For the most part, it was the good version of the Eagles. Once they took the lead, they never looked back, although there were a couple points where things were getting nervous as CMU closed the gap. Fortunately, Eastern was able to seal the deal.
Since I’ve been using this format, I’ll continue.
1. James Thompson IV was able to get his zillionth double-double this season. He was the points leader with 19.
2. Brandon Nazione looked pretty good too. He would get 16 points and 11 rebounds.
3. Tim Bond got a couple of key steals in the game.
1. Shooting was somewhere around 50%. It seems like that should be better.
2. There were a couple of points where Eastern was sloppy in the game. Fortunately, they built enough of a lead that it didn’t matter.
3. I wasn’t quite sure what to make of Raven.
There wasn’t anything that was particularly ugly as a win over a rival is always nice. It’s even nicer when it’s so convincing.
I’ll see you all at the Convo on Saturday when the Eagles face off against Kent State.