The Night of the Long Balls
This was a night to remember. Once the Eagles got their first point, they never lost the lead again. At one point in the game they were leading by as much as 35 points. They would go on to defeat the RedHawks of Miami 94 to 69.
Since I’ve been using the format, I will continue:
1. Raven Lee looked phenomenal. He would score 46 points tonight which I believe was his career best and only 1 off from the Eastern Record but it does beat a record for the Convocation Center. I would like to know where this Raven has been all season. Did I mention he scored all these points in 24 minutes?
2. James Thompson still looks like the real deal. He did not manage to get another double-double but he came pretty close with 15 points and 8 rebounds.
3. Ty Toney would also put up double digits with 14 points.
1. This was a pretty solid effort, so I will forgo this section tonight.
1. Miami seemed to employ a basketball version of New Jersey’s trap. It seemed like they clogged up the middle. This didn’t work too well for them as they found Eastern in double bonus territory pretty early in both halves.
2. Don’t have anything else here either.
All in all, it was a pretty good night for the Eagles. I can only hope that they build on it as they go into the second half of the MAC Season.